February Home Maintenance Checklist
With the weather cold outside, February is a good month to put your nesting instinct to work and get your home as clean and cozy as possible. When the warm weather arrives, you’ll be glad you got a head start on these indoor tasks so you can spend more time outdoors.
Declutter and organize
- Consolidate half-empty containers of cleaning supplies and wipe down shelves before replacing items.
- Get rid of frayed, worn out towels and sheets in your linen closet.
- Sort, shred and file papers; back up digital files on your computer.
- Wipe down interior windows, window sills, vacuum walls, corners and baseboards.
- Wash or dry clean comforters, duvets and bed skirts.
- Pillows can be fluffed in the dryer on a no-heat setting.
- Open a window to let in some fresh air.
- Use an air purifier or buy some house plants to keep the indoor air clean.
Protect and maintain
- Place washable rugs at all entry doors to protect floors from melting snow, salt and sand.
- Test smoke and carbon dioxide detectors; change batteries as needed.
Also, if you’re planning to put your home on the market this spring, schedule your no obligation Pre-Market Consultation, where we would talk about any repairs or improvements you’ll need to make. We have found that February is a good month to hire any painters, contractors or landscapers and make a schedule of work to be done.
Marnie Schaar & Associates Long & Foster Real Estate are licensed Virginia Real Estate Agents
Email: Marnie@LNF.com · Cell: 703.509.3107 2100 Reston Pkwy Suite 102 · Reston, VA 20191
Original Content Posted on the Long & Foster Real Estate Blog the Newsroom.
Click here to view original post.